Lending Sales Specialist
At USALLIANCE it all starts with U
The Consumer Lending “Loan Specialist” is primarily responsible for achieving lending goal for the branch(es) assigned. This position also requires coaching and training branch staff on consumer lending products knowledge, sales skills, loan origination system, and residential lending referrals. The Loan Specialist is Responsible for loan pipeline management and completing credit applications accurately for submission to processing and underwriting.
- Develop a complete knowledge of all USAlliance Federal Credit Union products and services with an emphasis on Consumer Lending products offered through the Branch delivery channel.
- Develop a complete knowledge of USALLIANCE Lending product policies, guidelines, procedures and forms.
- Administer, organize and conduct training on educational programs in connection with lending, promotional development, on the job training and employee orientation.
- Analyze the credit worthiness of the credit union member’s applications for credit with the aid of the USALLIANCEs loan origination system.
- Cross sell additional USAlliance Federal Credit Union loan and deposit products and services by providing guidance and information relevant to the benefits of each program the applicant is qualified for.
- Assist in the development of branch staff to increase loan referrals and provide members/applicants with quick and accurate loan decisions.
- Achieve individual sales goals through the use of outbound calls, business development and sales skills.
- Assist in loan closings, which include review of documents, repayment schedules, insurance and lien holder requirements, method of payment, and cross-selling of loan and deposit products and services.
- Increase consumer loan closure ratio and continually look for ways to streamline the application process and improve turnaround time on loan decisions.
- Participate in outbound calling events, huddles, SEGS and attend one on one meetings with District Manager as required.
- Respond to telephone inquiries and written correspondence regarding consumer loan decisions and USALLIANCES’s policies and guidelines in a timely manner.
- Maintain compliance with all required regulations; such as Reg. B, Fair Credit Reporting, Reg. Z, and Regs. G and U.
- Complete all required Compliance training and maintain knowledge of current BSA policies, specifically those related to functions performed within the department and identifying and reporting possible suspicious activity.
Do you have a sales orientation? Are you comfortable communicating with applicants, borrowers, or members about consumer lending products?
- Minimum of 2 years residential, consumer lending experience (personal unsecured loans and lines, auto, RV, Boat loans, and other consumer lending products).
- Requires 75% of time self-generated business from external efforts and 25% through branch efforts.
- Demonstrate interpersonal and organizational skills, communications (verbal & non-verbal and written skills) and member service skills.
- Must be detail oriented and has the ability to handle multiple priorities, train and coach.
- Ability to utilize various office machines, including computer, Office products and Window skills required.
- Strong commitment to providing excellent member service with a “whatever it takes” attitude.
- Ability to function in a team environment working closely with branches, consumer/residential lending staff and management.
- Bank or Credit Union branch experience.
Why should U join our team?
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Full Employer Match Up to 6%
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Health & Dependent Care Expenses
- Life Insurance - Employer Paid
- Generous Incentive/Bonus Plan
- Wellness/Gym Membership Reimbursement
- Collaborative & Dynamic Co-workers
- Innovative & Relevant Technology Resources
- Career Planning
- Positive Energy & Fun!