Assistant Vice President of Finance
This position will have two direct reports and will direct the activities of finance, treasury, and cash management in an innovative and fast-growing financial institution in accordance with laws and regulations, regulatory best practices, and policies and objectives.
- Prepare the fiscal budget annually or more frequently as required and provide reports on budget variances to senior executives and the board of directors.
- Perform budget analysis and oversee development of related management reports.
- Provide management with financial plans and analysis including, but not limited to monthly financial analysis, profitability reports, and weekly cash flow forecasts.
- Oversee development of internally- and externally-prepared income and expense forecasting and scenario analyses, and develop strategies for managing earnings and capital at risk exposure.
- Oversee month-end financial reporting for management and the board of directors and quarterly regulatory Call Report filing.
- Manage credit union banking relationships.
- Participate in various committees that may require financial analysis or are charged with developing recommendations that have a significant impact on earnings.
- Maintain a smoothly functioning department that meets and demonstrates compliance with standards set by all regulatory agencies.
- Work closely with accounting personnel and other departments to ensure records are maintained accurately and in compliance with GAAP.
- Progressive accounting and finance experience with at least 4 years of recent experience within a financial institution.
- Bachelor’s degree required; CPA or Master’s in Business Administration or Finance a plus.
- Experience managing an accounting or finance team.
- Proven knowledge of banking general ledger systems; other financial and data systems a plus.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Full Employer Match Up to 6%
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Health & Dependent Care Expenses
- Life Insurance - Employer Paid
- Generous Incentive/Bonus Plan
- Wellness/Gym Membership Reimbursement
- Collaborative & Dynamic Co-workers
- Innovative & Relevant Technology Resources
- Career Planning
- Positive Energy & Fun!