- Analyze information to determine risk involved in lending money for mortgage loans; responsible for analyzing/verifying income, assets, credit and all supporting documentation to ensure sufficient to loan standards and guidelines; includes verifying all documentation is correct, complete and in the loan file; that the information has been correctly calculated.
- Provide direction and guidance to processing staff for documentation and processing quality; ensure file conforms to guidelines.
- Review appraisal to ensure value of collateral is sufficiently documented and appraiser has correctly completed forms.
- Assist in making decision to either deny loan or, depending on the loan’s attributes, approve loan or make recommendation to approve loan.
- Review underwriting decision, reasoning (logic), and conditions or counteroffer with appropriate parties.
- Keep current on regulations and policies and guidelines and on changes of agencies.
- Assume additional duties as they arise, cross-train within the department, and be responsive to the department.
- 7+ years solid mortgage underwriting experience utilizing AUS and manual underwriting.
- Thorough knowledge of reviewing Residential appraisals
- Through understanding of mortgage loan processing functions, including conventional lending.
- In-depth knowledge of mortgage related requirements, procedures, & underwriting criteria.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- PC Skills, including loan software, Outlook and Microsoft Office.
- Thorough knowledge of FNMA underwriting guidelines and Desktop Underwriter
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Experience utilizing Encompass LOS is a plus.
- Candidates must live within commuting distance to our Chelmsford, MA office.
- Requires successful registration with, and issuance of a unique identification number from, the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) in compliance with the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (S.A.F.E. Act).
All positions must adhere to standard BSA/AML policies, procedures and processes. Employees must demonstrate awareness of business functions and how business decisions affect financial and/or non-financial work results.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Full Employer Match Up to 6%
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Health & Dependent Care Expenses
- Life Insurance - Employer Paid
- Generous Incentive/Bonus Plan
- Wellness/Gym Membership Reimbursement
- Collaborative & Dynamic Co-workers
- Innovative & Relevant Technology Resources
- Career Planning
- Positive Energy & Fun!