Responsible for completing all assigned duties in a timely and accurate manner by following all established policies, procedures, laws and regulations.
- Accounts Payable - Review invoices received by Accounting and checking for the following: signature or authorization by responsible department/manager, no past due amounts exist, no sales tax charged
- Contact vendors to determine if invoices have been paid and/or checks cleared. Obtain additional invoices and/or copies needed or to get sales tax removed if necessary. Create new vendors on the FAS system and bringing new vendor information to managements’ / Risk Management department’s attention. Review vendor list for duplicate or inactive vendors. Setting vendors up to be paid via ACH.
- Code invoices for payment based on GL's for expense and corresponding cost centers and entering the invoices into the FAS system
- Prepare checks for mailing once printed
- Review and process the reimbursement of employee expenses
- Prepaid and fixed assets – Recognize prepaids and fixed asset purchases from approved invoices received and enter the FAS system.
- Identify and implement workflow efficiencies on a continual basis.
- Maintain appropriate sections of the policy and procedural manuals. Maintenance includes identification and documentation of new policies and procedures and review of old policies for accuracy, efficiency, and regulatory/GAAP compliance.
- Prepare general ledger reconcilements based on a frequency schedule (daily or monthly)
- Promote and maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner consistent with professional standards to get along with members, co-workers, management and vendors.
- Ensure adherence to company policies and procedures and Banking/Credit Union Regulations.
- Help foster sound practices and adequate internal controls to protect the Credit Union’s assets.
- Minimum of one to two years of finance or accounting experience.
- Must have some understanding of market and environmental factors affecting the financial services industry as well as strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong decision making and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects/duties.
- Proficiency with regulatory requirements (NCUA, Federal, etc.).
- Trustworthy with the ability to maintain highest level of integrity and trust.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Results driven, service oriented, self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Associate degree in Business (preferably in Accounting).
- Medical & Dental insurance
- Vision Insurance - Employer Paid
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Full Employer Match Up to 6%
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Health & Dependent Care Expenses
- Life Insurance - Employer Paid
- Generous Incentive/Bonus Plan
- Wellness/Gym Membership Reimbursement
- Collaborative & Dynamic Co-workers
- Innovative & Relevant Technology Resources
- Career Planning
- Positive Energy & Fun!