Assistant Portfolio Manager - Specialized Lending
This position is responsible for managing, evaluating, and monitoring Specialty Finance Portfolios comprised of Marine/Aircraft/RV Credit Facilities in a banking environment.
- Monitors/conducts daily Collection activities for delinquency ranging from 7-day to 30-day. Typically requires 1-2 years of related experience and a bachelor's degree.
- Handles incoming calls from customer inquiries with regard to collections, pay offs, insurance issues, titling issues
- Responsible for the ongoing portfolio management of relationships including the potential identification and documentation of problem loans, policy exceptions, grade changes, annual reviews, watch list reviews, and/or special reviews that may be required.
- Through ongoing portfolio management, seeks out early warning signs of deteriorating credit trends.
- Performs collateral valuations and inspections
- Assists in the processes of repossession, rehabilitation and remarketing of repossessed collateral
- Acts as intermediary in legal processing of delinquent/problem credit facilities
- Handles processing of all insurance claims including receipt/clearance of insurance proceeds, oversight of claims/repair work and disbursement of funds to appropriate parties in compliance with established and developing policy and procedure
- Possesses strong knowledge and keeps abreast of Credit Policy and Procedures
- Keeps abreast of market and industry trends.
- Participates in team sales, credit and administrative meetings.
- Individuals best suited for a position as a portfolio manager possess certain skills, including a high degree of efficiency in data interpretation and a penchant for research and analysis.
- Possessing an in-depth understanding of Specialty Finance markets is necessary to stick with the career long term.
- Individuals must also be customer-focused, with a desire and ability to communicate frequently with multiple internal departments/teams regarding accounts
- Similar to other career paths in the financial services industry, Portfolio Managers must continually prospect for new clients while maintaining strong relationships with their current investors/sources
- Typically requires 1-2 years of related experience and a bachelor's degree.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Full Employer Match Up to 6%
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Health & Dependent Care Expenses
- Life Insurance - Employer Paid
- Generous Incentive/Bonus Plan
- Wellness/Gym Membership Reimbursement
- Collaborative & Dynamic Co-workers
- Innovative & Relevant Technology Resources
- Career Planning
- Positive Energy & Fun!