Processor/Funder - Specialized Lending
This position is responsible for the timely processing of loan applications. This includes the evaluation of submitted loan packages to determine the completeness of supporting information received. This role will also provide needed assistance to the entire Specialized Lending Team as needed.
- Manage departmental communications, including email inbox and department phone line ensuring timely resolution of issues both internally, and externally.
- Review applications for accuracy and completeness.
- Review collateral and appropriate collateral detail where necessary.
- Pull credit and review fraud alerts to be cleared as per procedure.
- Generate and send approval, counter and loan declination letters.
- Prepare loan documents to be executed by borrowers.
- Facilitate loan closings with external third party sources.
- Scan and upload supporting loan documentation received through internal origination/portfolio system.
- Communicate with all relevant parties to ensure all appropriate information and documentation has been received prior to funding submission.
- Directly contact borrowers as needed to validate transaction detail and repayment information.
- Mentor other team members to develop and maintain high service levels including the transfer of skills and process knowledge.
- Maintain expert level knowledge of all products and services offered. Be able to explain to borrowers as needed.
- Adhere to all local, state, and federal laws/regulatory requirements as related to functional areas including the Patriot Act, Truth in Lending, Reg B, Reg Z, and Bank Secrecy Act.
- Review executed loan documents for accuracy, completeness and compliance with all federal, state, local and company requirements.
- Input funding information into the internal origination/portfolio system.
- Verify all loan terms and transaction details including: financing amount, dealer fees, rates, and other transactional attributes to ensure completeness prior to funding.
- Open new memberships within internal origination/portfolio system.
- Disburse funds to the correct party through internal origination/portfolio system.
- Establish automatic payments working with the company’s EFT department.
- Follow up with any post-closing items as required.
- Assist with loan servicing (address changes, payoffs, etc.) and perform loan maintenance on both new accounts, and previously originated loans.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures, including security compliance, and following guidelines intended to limit risk exposure to fraud and losses. Review exceptions and escalate when necessary.
- Adept at utilizing technology and various software platforms to process information.
- Sales and transactional processing experience.
- Indirect or external lending experience preferred.
- In-depth customer service experience.
- The candidate must demonstrate interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills (verbal & written).
- The candidate should be detail oriented with the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Strong commitment to providing excellent member service.
At USALLIANCE it all starts with U. Because our people are our greatest asset.
Why should U join our team?
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Full Employer Match Up to 6%
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Health & Dependent Care Expenses
- Life Insurance - Employer Paid
- Generous Incentive/Bonus Plan
- Wellness/Gym Membership Reimbursement
- Collaborative & Dynamic Co-workers
- Innovative & Relevant Technology Resources
- Career Planning
- Positive Energy & Fun!