Underwriter - Specialized Lending
The Consumer Lending Underwriter is primarily responsible for the timely and accurate review, evaluation and processing of loan applications and supporting information received from direct members, and affiliated loan sources. Provide needed assistance to others within the Specialized Lending areas as available.
- Receive and review incoming loan application requests and supporting documentation delivered through managed electronic lending portals, queues or other avenues of receipt. Assist other team members depending on department need to meet stated service levels on a daily basis.
- Conduct credit analysis on each loan applications including review of tax returns (personal and business), cash flow analysis, debt-ratio calculations, with an in-depth understanding of complex entities and income situations, showing the ability to factor credit-scoring and collateral valuations, into a full risk decision.
- Properly review and clear credit report fraud alerts. Discuss escalated fraud issues with management or other internal Credit Union departments.
- Maintain High level knowledge of other USALLIANCE Specialized Lending Products and Programs and assist as needed. Demonstrate the ability to explain products and services to external merchant/dealer contacts, borrowers as needed.
- Adhere to all local, state, and federal laws/regulatory requirements as related to functional areas including Truth in Lending, Reg B, Reg Z, and Bank Secrecy Act. Complete training as required.
- Minimum of three years’ experience underwriting. With emphasis on specialized consumer lending products such as Boat, RV, Aircraft, Stock, and/or Small Business loans within direct or external lending programs.
- Ability to analyze and determine ability-to-pay from personal and business tax returns, profit and loss, balance sheets, and cash flow statements; including Corporate, S-Corp, and Partnership returns.
- Ability to communicate with external loan referral sources, borrowers, members, applicants and internal staff.
- Adept at utilizing most current technology and software to evaluate loan requests.
- Possess critical thinking skills and applies learned lending principles according to the unique needs of each borrower and their risk profile. Ability to discern lower risk loans from higher risk loans.
- Strong commitment to providing excellent member service with a “whatever it takes” attitude.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures, including security compliance, and following guidelines intended to limit risk exposure to fraud and losses. Review exceptions and escalate when necessary.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- The candidate should be detail oriented with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Full Employer Match Up to 6%
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Health & Dependent Care Expenses
- Life Insurance - Employer Paid
- Generous Incentive/Bonus Plan
- Wellness/Gym Membership Reimbursement
- Collaborative & Dynamic Co-workers
- Innovative & Relevant Technology Resources
- Career Planning
- Positive Energy & Fun!